What is the next step after deciding you are done with debt collectors and ready to file bankruptcy? It is time to pick a Piqua, Ohio bankruptcy attorney. While we can agree there is no shortage, advertisements for lawyers are everywhere, how do you pick one? It is awkward and uncomfortable to ask friends and family for a referral. Moreover, the ones you find online seem fine, but how do you know?
Filing bankruptcy is a very serious matter. Therefore, it requires the right representation and superior advice. Having the right Troy, Ohio bankruptcy attorney will make a difference in your stress level and if you are successful. The wrong attorney can not only make things more difficult, they can place your assets at greater risk. Therefore, here are a few tips to find a Troy, Ohio bankruptcy attorney the right way.
- They put their focus in bankruptcy – Technically, any lawyer can file a bankruptcy on your behalf. However, those who do not regularly practice bankruptcy law lack the expertise to foresee potential pitfalls.
- They have the experience – There is a great deal of complexity to a bankruptcy. Choose a Troy, Ohio bankruptcy attorney who has a sufficient amount of experience to handle your case effectively.
- They discuss alternatives – An attorney must work in the best interest of their client. Sometimes this means a complete cancellation if your debt is not the best option. A good attorney will discuss a menu of options.
- They will listen to you – You want an attorney that not only has the proper experience and credentials, but they will have an actual desire to understand your goals and unique situation.
- They communicate with you promptly – A successful bankruptcy requires a lot of communication and paperwork. Seek an attorney who will return calls and respond to emails in a timely manner.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you are in the process of picking a Troy, Ohio bankruptcy attorney, or need more information, please contact us.